Sunday 25 May 2008

Loads of Testosterone!!!!!!!

Yesiree! And boy was I excited! I thought I had died and gone to heaven. My friend Sandra, the same friend of this story, and I headed yesterday to the "Monster Truck Jam" at the GM Centre. Not only was I excited to spend time with Sandra and her son who has autism, but I saw it as an opportunity to meet some single men! Monster Trucks=Men. I like that equation!

Remember I mentioned I thought I had died and gone to heaven as I was faced with a myriad of possibilities! Well that was until...

I saw all these little 5 year old boys with their dads trickle into the GM Centre. I had a feeling I wouldn't be meeting any single men that day!

All kidding aside, we had a fun afternoon as virgin Monster Truck watchers! Sandra's boy thought HE had died and gone to heaven!!! He LOVED it and was sooooo happy and content all afternoon. It was a beautiful thing to watch! Another fun adventure with a great friend! Enjoy the Monster Jam.....
Here is the GM Centre in Oshawa- or "the 'shwa" as it is affectionally called. Take note of the name of the venue-"GM". Stands for General Motors of Canada. Yes, Oshawa is home to a VERY LARGE General Motors car and truck plant. General Motors. ( No, I haven't been paid to advertise. Our family has invested interest. My dad worked for GM in the computer division and I even worked in the truck plant for a summer.) Can you see in the next picture who sponsored this event.....
NOT General Motors. No, it was Ontario Hyundai! I thought that was ironic!
Here is my fav. Monster Truck, "T-Max," jumping over some General Motors vehicles. Another bit of irony!
Here I am enjoying the show!
I LOVE this pic of Sandra's son! There were times I wanted to join him and hide in his coat too! It was scary and LOUD!

4 comments:

A New Yorker said...

It looks like you were really having a blast! Good for you.

Suburbia said...

Wow Small Sprog and I would have loved that show! Glad you had a good time.
Thanks for visiting me.

Heather said...

I've always wanted to go to a monster truck show. I think the girls would love it. I'm going to try to make them well rounded since we outnumber poor PB. He deserves to "boy them up" a little bit.

swilek said...

yes ladies, it is well worth the experience!!!:)