Wednesday 7 May 2008

ABC Wednesday - "P"

I decided it would be fun to participate in Mrs. Nesbit's Place "ABC Wednesdays." I happened to browse her blog via a new blog I've been reading, Moments in Suburbia. I love the creativity and freedom in photography and love watching how different people view their world through their lens! Enjoy my "P" photos and those of my fellow photographers at Mrs. Nesbit's Place...

" P lowing the field. "

I had to sneak this photo of the Amish girl working in her field. The Amish don't like their photos being taken. I was visiting Lancaster, PA, USA last summer and took a tour of the Amish farms! ( notice the girl is plowing in her barefeet!)

"P icket Fence"
Wellfleet, Cape Cod. I LOVE the white picket fences you see all over the New England States. Maybe because I am such a romantic and still believe in the "fairytale" the white picket fence symbolizes!



"P addington Bear"

I have always LOVED Paddington Bear, so took the opportunity to dress up as Paddinton on Halloween! Unfortunately, this is the only pic I have of me as Paddington. What you can't see is my red Wellies and my "Please Look After This Bear" tag! I cherish my two Paddington's ...one I bought in N. Ireland in 1981 with my cousins and the other was a gift from our family friends in N. Ireland!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karyne, thanks for getting in touch via the blog. Its always so cool to hear of others who have been to Holsby and its amazing that you're still remembering the work here in prayer. Thankyou! Countless lives are continuing to be changed as I result I am sure - not least of all, mine :) God bless you...

Anonymous said...

..p.s. this is Jason, whose blog you found a few days ago!

Anonymous said...

Welcome dear Karyne to ABC Wednesday! :-)

Your photos are very nice. Especially the “Amish girl” pic!

I also like white picket fences although I only see them in American movies ... and I have the same feeling as you when I see them ... a happy family ... a couple loving eachother and their joyful children ... A fairytale? Maybe...

Runner Girl said...

You take the most awesome pictures! What kind of camera are you using?

swilek said...

Jason..thanks for stopping by and great blogging about Holsby!

Muge...thanks!You'll have to visit America one day and see one for yourself!!:)I got some cool pics of more Amish children without them knowing I took their pics! Thanks to the zoom lens!! If you check out my web album ( address on my blog page now) under Trip To Lancaster, PA, you'll see those shots!!

Kimberley...thanks so much! ..it is a Nikon digital Coolpix L1