Wednesday 21 May 2008

ABC Wednesday - "R"

Photo Party over at Mrs. Nesbitt's Place. Check out all the creative photographers. Here is my contribution for "R" week.

"R" ope. "Jump Rope For Heart" event held at the elementary school where I work to raise money for "The Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation." (May, 2008)
"R" ail overlooking the "R" iver Seine, with the Eiffel Tower in the background.
I took this photo on my first day in Paris. I had just arrived earlier that morning and wanted to stay awake all day in order to adjust to jetlag. So, I went for a brisk, long walk near my hotel. This was my first view of the Eiffel Tower. I was SO excited! It felt WONDERFUL being in Paris. I felt alive and free! Free to be me! A glorious, sunny, spring day welcomed me to Paris - the city of lights, love, amazing architecture and rich history! (Paris, March 2007)

"R" eading at an antique, outdoor booksellers market. (Paris, March 2007)
Cobblestone "R" oad. Pere Lachaise Cemetery. (Paris, March 2007)

5 comments:

Powell River Books said...

When I was a principal our school always participated in "Jump Rope for Heart." The kids loved it and gave back to the community at the same time. Come see my pretty Coastal BC rocks. - Margy

FO - 2 said...

A fun activity! :) Jumping and jumping and jumping..... ;)
Good exercise!

mrsnesbitt said...

I feel as though I was in Paris with you!
Great stuff!

Anonymous said...

Hello K!
Thanks for your comments at my blog.No I had not worked at Holsby near Vetlanda. but the place is not so far from here. I maybee have a "look a like" the i Holsby.....funny.
Your R:s are fantastic! Have a nice weekend.

Suburbia said...

I love your P aris photos, I didn't get to you Wednesday!