Wednesday 14 May 2008

Resurrecting "Tiger Beat"

Barbara at Writing From the Inside Out asked a GREAT question yesterday on her blog...

"What kind of posters did you have on your bedroom wall when you were in high school?"


I took up her "challenge" and googled some of the men that hung on my walls in Jr. High and High School. What a fun trip down memory lane. I used to live for the latest edition of "Tiger Beat" magazine!! Did you know they still produce "Tiger Beat?" I couldn't believe it when I saw it a couple of months ago at a newsstand! Without further ado, here is a sampling of the posters that hung in my very pink room:

4 comments:

Bar L. said...

hee hee!!!! You must be the same age as my sister (she's five years younger than me) and she LOVED Leif and Shaun! Shaun is a cutie, I am older, I had a thing for DAVID CASSIDY...in fact, I still do :)

Quick story - at the height of their fame on "The Hardy Boys" Shaun C. and Parker S. did a film shoot at the hotel near my house! My sister went and got to see him and take his picture! Can you imagine the thrill? I think she was about 13 at the time.

Heather said...

Since we're all opening up here, I had Michael J. Fox and Kevin Bacon (Footloose still rocks). AND for the record, I thought McDreamy was cute way before he was McDreamy.

carolyn said...

I used to LOVE Shaun Cassidy. My parents weren't big about letting us put things on the wall, though. I did put up a big poster of Patrick Swayze!

swilek said...

Barbara...that would have been a HUGE thrill for your sister!! Does she still have that pic!! VERY exciting...I LOVED the Hardy Boys too!

Heather...yes, I forgot about those guys...I loved them too, esp. Kevin in Footloose! One of our local high schools put on Footloose but somehow I missed it...i really wanted to see that musical...fun memories singing the songs from the movie into my curling iron!!! I always thought 'McDreamy" was kind of geeky!!

Carolyn..oh yes, Patrick was up there too...the 80's were great years for music, stars, but not really for fashion or hair!!:) lol!