Monday 3 March 2008

"This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

I had to leave work early today because I had a bad migrane. Blurred vision, swiggly lines forming a mirage in my peripheral, pounding head, nausea beginning to set in. I should have clued in that something was amiss when the first words uttered emphatically from my grade 2 student as I walked into his class this morning were,

"YOU LOOK AWFUL!!!"

God gently reminded of my morning verse that has actually become my morning mantra:

"This is the day that the Lord has made. I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!"

We never know what the day will bring, but thank goodness God is in control of it!

PS I ended up sleeping for 3 hours when I got home. The severity of my migrane has subsided but my head is still mush! I haven't had a severe migrane like this is ages. Ugh!


2 comments:

MargoPego said...

Thanks for sharing! I know exactly how you felt, and the reminder of ever really knowing what the day'll bring's always a good one. :) Michelle :)

swilek said...

Thanks for sharing margopego!