Sunday 2 March 2008

Bye Bye Baby Bye Bye


One of my greatest fears has come to fruition. I dropped my car keys down the elevator shaft this morning, on my way out to church. My timing is impeccible!!!:) Luckily, I keep an extra set of keys hidden away for such occasions as this! Worried that I had somehow damaged the elevator by my plain old stupidity, I called our superintendent to tell him the bad news. Surprisingly, he was not worried. He would call the elevator guy on Monday to come out and climb down the shaft to find my "whale" keys! I had no idea they were able to retrieve such items. Hooray for me! And only a minor inconvenience for the rest of the residents in the building. Poor elevator guy though!:) Hello Baby Hello!
PS And I wasn't even late for church! I even had time to fill my car up with gas and go through the car wash!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Glad you'll get your keys back. I was getting onto the elevator at the top of the CN Tower when the person in front of me dropped their keys down the elevator shaft! They said they could retrieve them but I can't believe they wouldn't be damaged. that's quite a fall!

You must be really organized on Sunday mornings to still have time to get the car filled with gas and washed. I'm impressed!