Tuesday 18 March 2008

Prayer Request

I came here this morning to ask you bloggy friends that pray to pray for something but am going to ask you to add one more thing to that list! This morning I have been feeling sooo defeated and sooo rejected. It could be hormonal or it could be related to my other prayer request.

First, I would ask you to pray for me this Good Friday as I am singing in our 10 am service. I am very nervous as I don't normally sing solo's at my church. The song I am singing has a powerful message and it is my prayer that God would be glorified through this message. Pray that I will face no distractions and that those who need to hear this message will have hearts that are open. It is an old song by Julie Miller called, "How Can You Say No To This Man." Please also pray for the musicians helping me that God will use them in this song as well! I am praying for what I call a "God moment." Thank you my friends!

So, in light of this, I am feeling so overwhelmed with defeat. I do not normally feel like this and as I sit here typing this at work, I just don't want to be here. So, I would ask you to pray for me today. Thank you so much.

I didn't even feel like reading my Bible but I did and once again God is amazing and gently puts me in my place!!!I was reading from Romans 4 where it talks about Abraham. When everything was hopeless Abraham believed anyway deciding to live not on the basis of what he saw he couldn't do but on what God said he WOULD do. Abraham dared to trust God to do what only God could do. I had to ask myself, "Do I live like this?" Honestly I wish I could say I lived like this all the time but I can't. It goes on to say the sacrificed Jesus made us fit for God - set us right with God.

It then occurred to me as I was pouring my heart out to God about these feelings of rejection, that Jesus was rejected over and over again. AND, I have rejected Jesus over and over again by not spending time with Him. But, amazingly, the sacrificed Jesus enabled us to be set right with God! He empathizes with us - with me.

I hope this post has made sense....the bell rang so the students are pouring in and I must go. I wanted to get this sent off this morning....these are just some of my raw thoughts. Thank you for listening and praying.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Don't let Satan defeat you, Karyne. God laid this song on your heart! Be courageous and obedient! You will be blessed! Praying for you and excited to hear the song!

Love,
Carol.

Catherine said...

Prayed for you Karyne and I will be there Friday morning praying for you as you sing. Looking forward to it!

•J•O•A•N• said...

when anne barged in on you on sunday and i went to get her, i was really surprised to see you at the end of that beautiful voice. i also had no idea that you could play piano. i planned to tell you on sunday, but forgot; but your blog reminded me. anyway, i know you'll be great- i know your motivation is right, and i'll be praying for you as well.

swilek said...

thank you so much ladies for your prayers and encouraging words....i feel them and my week ended much better!!