Tuesday 10 June 2008

A "PJ Party" like no other...

" The spirit of adventure is all about staying on the lookout-keeping our eyes and our hearts open and participating fully in the moment we've been given as a pure gift." (Luci Swindoll, "I Married Adventure")



I participated FULLY in the moment last weekend with my "Komrades" - some old, some new, some acquaintances, some kindred spirits. But, it was a moment I recognized as a pure gift - a gift that left all of us changed in some way, a gift that allowed our friendship to unite and grow, a gift that is ready for the next adventure!


The journey began for most of us as a road trip to the beautiful city of Kingston. Here is a picture of my friend Sandra's candy apple red "stang" that transported us in under 2 hours to our destination! I know it is not the best picture, but out of respect for Sandra, and her dislike of pics taken of her, I opted to use this one instead. It was actually taken on a road trip her and I took to Cape Cod two summers ago! It's a GREAT "midlife crisis" vehicle perfect for any road trip! Here is our hot hostess, Priscilla, in her 'stang! So Hollywood! Priscilla and her husband Darren - also known as "our manservant" - were our hospitable hosts for the weekend!

hospitality n friendliness in welcoming strangers or guests; to love strangers; people with this gift provide an environment where people feel valued and cared for; people with this gift create a safe and comfortable setting where relationships can develop; they seek ways to connect people together into meaningful relationships and set people at ease in unfamiliar surroundings

Darren and Priscilla truly model this lifestyle. I feel privileged to have been welcomed into their home with open arms and no judgement. Safety. Love. A pure gift. Thank you.


Here is "our manservant" hard at work preparing the feast we enjoyed all evening...Here is Priscilla preparing our breakfast feast...One of "our manservant's" tasty, creative creations...Another "manservant" creation on the grill...C'est moi enjoying my drink in an orange glass that was calling my name in their cupboard...Let me introduce you to more of my "Komrades"...

Here's Shari -"a picture is worth a thousand words!!" A true kindred spirit. Shari and I have been friends for 27 years. We first met when our older siblings were dating each other and we somehow managed to be on one of their dates together! How did that happen!!!? It definitely was a God thing because our friendship blossomed from that moment in history. Kindred Spirits! This AMAZING woman LOVES Jesus with all of her being. She is an incredible prayer warrior, is artistic, creative in her personal style, gregarious, non-judgemental, loving, peaceful, an incredible active listener, compassionate, wise, loves to laugh, loves her family with passion, beautiful, accepting of everyone, making people feel at ease, medicine to my soul! Here's Pam - a strong, creative, fun, intelligent, loving wife, mother and friend, who is able to effectively "wear many hats" - chilling on the patio...
Tender Moments with Kath and Sandra...

A commercial break ....................................................

Kath is an extraordinary woman. One of her strengths is the spiritual wisdom she passionately uses to encourage others with God's truth. During my "couch time" conversation with her, she said these words to me,

"The strongest message that I feel for you is that you would know, truly know that you do not go unnoticed by Him [Jesus], that He has you so completely in His arms. One sentence that keeps going through my mind is that your sacrifices are not unnoticed and that He has a special relationship with you. The kind of love that others may never attain with Him, you have."

God knew that was EXACTLY what I needed to hear at that moment! I LOVE that about God!

................................................................................

San is another remarkable friend. Some words that describe her:

calm. compassionate. peace. relaxed. wise. fun. loving. love. accepting. incredible teacher. faith. depth. laughter. adventurous. Harley. Beautiful.

An enchanting evening ...

Caught in the act! Kath LOVES to take pics too! I LOVE this pic of Kelly...she looks so happy! Kelly is a new friend to us all and we welcomed her with open arms. Hopefully, she wasn't scared off!!!:)

Kelly n honest, loves to laugh, sweet, caring, strong, easy to be with, compassionate, fun, beautiful spirit.

Kath and Kelly. Encapsulates our PJ Party. Friendship. Precious. A pure gift. Cherished in our hearts forever.

An ode to my PJ Party Komrades. When is our next adventure? I am on the lookout!












5 comments:

Bar L. said...

WOW. I totally got the feel for each of your freinds and what a wonderful time you had. Found myself feeling envious wishing I had friends to hang out with like that, I've always been a loner and it gets...lonely.

So glad you had fun! Can I go next time???

Aphra said...

Did you and Shari's sibling dating work out? Or did you guys break it up? lol.

swilek said...

Aphra..no it didn't work out!!
Barbara...I do feel blessed to have a group of close friends...i feel sad you feel lonely at times.

A New Yorker said...

Your friends seem so nice and VERY colorful (clothes). Glad you had such a nice experience.

swilek said...

lauren..yes, they are "colourful!!" we LOVE to shop in vintage/thrift stores!!