Saturday 28 June 2008

Adventure on the Emerald Isle

Finally, the day has arrived! I am flying to Northern Ireland for three weeks vacation in a few short hours! I look forward to the many adventures I will experience and will hopefully be able to find a computer to pen my thoughts and post some pics!

I'd appreciate your prayers for a safe journey - I am not fond of flying. My last trip to Ireland was during the 9/11 tragedy. I flew back to Canada September 14th - the first day the airports were open. Needless to say, I was a tad bit nervous but God in His mercy provided some amazing seat companions for me to help calm my fears. I have flown since -to Paris last year- and was not as anxious! It was definitely a God thing! So, I am calling on all you people who pray and ask that you would remember me in your prayers. Thank you sooo much! (By the way, my flight leaves Toronto at 7:35pm on the 29th and arrives in Belfast at 6:55 am on the 30th. I fly back to Canada July 18th. )

Well I'm off my bloggy friends. I was hoping to be able to reply to all your comments but haven't had the chance to get to all of you before I left. But, I will, even if it is in 3 weeks time! Enjoy your summer! Celebrate each day! Stay cool and eat lots of ice cream!

2 comments:

Aphra said...

I will be praying tonight. I feel the same way about flying as you do.

Catherine said...

Have a great trip! Have been praying for you today and am again now as you prepare to board the plane shortly. Have a GREAT trip!! Looking forward to hearing all about your fun!