Friday 27 June 2008

Thematic Photographic - Wood

Carmi at Written Inc. is the host of Thematic Photographic. If you want to participate or see some amazing, creative pics, click here. This weeks theme is wood. I look forward to hunting for creative wood pictures this week while in Ireland. In the meantime, I dug deep in my archives to discover, I had taken a few pics involving wood already! Here they are:







The above photos were taken on the Tall Ship last summer while she was docked in the Whitby harbour on Lake Ontario.
I LOVE old doors and was fascinated with this one in the Place des Vosages, Paris. Built in 1605. It is the door that leads up to the apartment where Victor Hugo lived when he wrote "Les Miserables."
St. Sulpice Church, Paris...featured in the book & movie, "The Da Vinci Code." The Gothic architecture in this church gave it an eerie ambiance. So, when I walked over this wooden door in the floor, my imagination started churning! What lay beneath?

Another wooden door, surrounded by the famous Cape Cod shingles, I was drawn to in Wellfleet, Cape Cod.
The wooden outdoor shower at the Inn where I stayed in Wellfleet, Cape Cod. It was bizarre that there were no indoor showers at the Inn, but thankfully we had a flush toilet in our room!! I must admit, I enjoyed the outdoor shower experience! It was rejuvenating breathing in the fresh scent of the salt air in the early morning.


8 comments:

carolyn said...

Cool pictures!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Thank you for your recent visit. You're always welcome there at my photo blog.

smarmoofus said...

I love the detail shots from the Tall Ship, especially that massive wooden pulley. Wood is so versatile, isn't it?

-smarmoofus

Anonymous said...

Love your nautical theme and your doors. Never read the Da Vinci code (one of the very very few out there - I know). That second last door with the red peeling paint has an absolutely fabulous texture. I love texture photo's like that and use them a lot in photoshop. I overlay them on a digital painting or photo or something abstract and fiddle with the blend modes and really some wonderful things can happen. I used one very similar to this texture on the painting at the end of my blog post on "Apples".

Susan said...

Great photos! I love the doors and the shower especially.

Beverly said...

Oh, I love the photos of wood on your blog.

I saw your comment over at Carmi's and came over. I especially like the Henri Nousen quote in your profile.

swilek said...

thanks everyone for your kind comments!

swilek said...

thanks jude...i can't seem to access your blog so if you get this message, please let me know how!!