Thursday 26 June 2008

School's Out For Summer!

Today was bittersweet - saying goodbye to cherished students who will be moving on to high school while at the same time excited to be embarking on a two month holiday away from the present student population!

My summer adventure begins on Sunday. I am flying to Northern Ireland for 3 weeks to visit my relatives, friends and hopefully meet up with a bloggy friend and his wife!

Bittersweet memories.....



Grade 8 Graduation Ceremony
Last night I was privileged to witness "C" graduate! He did a great job... we were afraid he wouldn't cooperate! Here he is walking on stage with the help of two of his classmates. He hammed it up in front of the audience! Definitely a proud moment for his family!





My "whale" tattoo!
A couple of years ago, my best friend and I had a tattoo adventure together to celebrate our impending midlife crisis, which hasn't occurred yet, the midlife crisis that is! I LOVE this tattoo because it is my personal trademark. I have been drawing this whale next to my name since I was 12 years old. ( for those who don't know...my last name is "Whalen!") People would always ask me how to spell it and I would always say, " like a whale with an n at the end." The history of my whale will help you understand the next few pics!



A Thank You Card from the Grade 3 Class I Worked In all Year




Isn't that GREAT! I LOVE this card! They even made it a pop-up whale...sooooo creative! Future Hallmark employees??!! They were so excited to give it to me and now I understand why! It is my favourite card from students thus far! Their teacher, Mrs. "B", is my favourite teacher to work with at "The Farm." ( the nickname for our school, "ValleyFarm") AND I'm not just saying that because Mrs. "B" reads my blog!!:)

I can breathe a sigh of relief for another great year! Looking forward to the lazy, hazy days of summer!



2 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE your tattoo!!!! And your card the kids made is so sweet. Have fun in Ireland!!

swilek said...

Thanks Heather! See having a tattoo is sooo fun!!:)