Thursday 5 June 2008

Sweet Moment from Today...

Sitting on the swing in the park at recess with sweet "D" burrowed tightly on my lap, as we gently swayed back and forth while I softly sang Jesus Loves Me ( gospel version- well my definition of gospel!!!) in her ear. I thanked God for this moment. Just a brief moment where I was privileged to experience the bond a mother shares with her child. Just a brief moment that satisfied that deep longing of wanting a child of my own. Just a brief moment where I felt the love of a child towards me. Sweet it was.

5 comments:

A New Yorker said...

Go out and get you that guy to make you a mommy. You were born to be one.

Candid Carrie said...

Your version of gospel ... cute. I've got a scary version of gospel, opera, country, blues ... you name it, I'll sing it and it will come out scary.

John Deere Mom said...

This is off the topic...but your last day of school is June 27th?! OMG! That's sheer insanity. When do you start in the fall? Good luck for the last few weeks!

swilek said...

thanks lauren...as my friends hubby said over the weekend ( which I am in process writing about) good "f-ing" luck finding a decent man!!! It was actually a cute sentiment!...one day...

carrie...i'm sure my little "D" who is black and full of gospel rhythm found my white version something to be desired!!! hehehe! ( I am not being racist here, just giving the facts!!!:):)heheh)

angie..yes, it is too long and tooooo hot in June to be going this long ...the high schools are writing exams now so some students are finished...we go back in september..the tuesday after labour day!

John Deere Mom said...

I am thinking of you still in school with NO AIR! That is torture. We go back to school August 13. That explains the difference in end of year times, for sure.
If you need/want some John Deere snacks and can't get them, I would be glad to ship you some. Let me know!