Saturday 21 June 2008

Thematic Photographic - Glass

I'm not sure how, but I discovered another cool photography blog the other day and decided to try his thematic photography challenge. You can check out Carmi's blog here.

Here's how TP (Thematic Photographic) works:
1)Carmi posts a new entry every Wednesday evening.
2)Each entry has a unique theme.
3)You post a similarly themed image over on your blog. You paste a link to your entry in a comment on Carmi's blog. If you've already posted something that fits, simply post the link to the existing entry.
4)Delirious photo sharing and happiness ensues.

Without further adieu, here is my first entry ...

Saint Chapelle, Paris France
Stained Glass Windows
"Standing in the Light." This chapel is famous for its stained glass windows. It was incredible to witness. Each panel of glass lights up at different times of the day as the sun moves. You can see in this picture the sunlight starting to light up the glass to the right of the altar while it is still dark to the left of the altar. See how the light moves in the next pictures... It was a beautiful thing to witness. I stood in silence. Peaceful, in spite of the crowd of tourists around me. "Standing in the Light."



9 comments:

Nestor Family said...

Saw your comment at Carmi's... love your Thematic Photographic entry!

carolyn said...

That's beautiful, Karyne!

swilek said...

thanks ladies! appreciate it!

carmilevy said...

Hi there, Karyne. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and getting involved in Thematic Photographic. I'm so happy that this little weekly theme of mine is off to such a promising start - thanks in large part to the enthusiasm of neat folks like you!

I love architecture photos that manage to capture the imposing size and dimensions of a place. It's not an easy feat to pull off, but you've accomplished precisely that in each of these glass-themed photos.

One of the reasons I chose glass this week was because of the myriad ways it uses light to tell a story. You've done precisely that here, and I'm so glad you did.

I'm definitely giving next week's theme a huge amount of thought. I owe you no less for so thoroughly covering off this last one.

awareness said...

Hey Karyne....thank you for your lovely comments. I really appreciate it.

I love these photos, and like Carmi have a penchant for shape and dimensions of architecture.....I also LOVE stain glass windows....went a little shutter happy while on a recent trip to England.....will have to post a few of mine too.

I missed this weeks Thematic photography, and will have to rectify it this week.

I'm glad you found Carmi's blog. He's a gem. :)

smarmoofus said...

It is so strange to know that I must have stood in exactly the same spot as you. I attempted to take similar photos, but mine did not come out nearly so warm as yours. I think that might be because I had some "guidance" from someone at the time, and their suggestions were not helpful. It looks like you were left to take your pictures as you saw fit.

I'm playing this week (finally),
-smarmoofus

A New Yorker said...

That is wickidly cool! I didn't know that the windows highlighted like that!!!!

Suburbia said...

That's a very beautiful place.

swilek said...

Thanks everyone for your comments...will get to everyone's blog soon...I have to be quick here as my internet provider is going in and out so my connection is persnickity ( oops..spelling???) It has been frustrating! I am excited for next week's theme...your comments are so kind and it is cool to have people appreciate your form of art and creativity!!! Thanks!