Sunday 31 August 2008

Be Still

Portrush, Antrim Coast, Northern Ireland, July 17, 2008
Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hands
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God
Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God
I will be still and know You are God
("Still" by Reuben Morgan)

7 comments:

A New Yorker said...

Pretty picture.

Nestor Family said...

The photo is beautiful and the lyrics you put with it make it even more impressive! Our God is a mighty God and this photo shows that there is no doubt about that!

Also love all the fountain photos from your previous post! The blue is refreshing and clean feeling!

Enjoy your week, Karyne! (And are you sure you are scuba-phobic? I have only done some training for it in a pool before, but found it quite exhilirating! Just think if you could see all those fascinating underwater creatures!)

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful, and what a lovely picture to go along with it.

swilek said...

Heidi, yes, God is amazing isn't He...I have to continually be reminded to be still in my crazy life!:) i love this song and it is one we sang on Sunday at church!

swilek said...

oops, forgot to include lauren and the sits girls!

Karen said...

I've always wanted to visit there- well - Scotland. Did you go there?
I love the poem- so true. And what a sense of relief from our worries to know that He is in charge!

swilek said...

@karen I didn't go to Scotland this trip but have been a couple of times...it is gorgeous too...different than N. Ireland but incredible...hard to understand their accents though!!