Wednesday 27 August 2008

More "Colour" in my Life!

I have been frequenting downtown Oshawa lately because my community care clients have had appointments at the Oshawa Clinic. While I wait for them, I have been exploring the Oshawa that has been long forgotten. New life is blossoming in this diverse community. My most favourite place is Isabellas Chocolate Cafe!

This morning, I stopped in for a fair trade, Ethiopian, smooth, black coffee. As I entered, a blind lady was sitting to the left of the door, taking a puff of her strong -scented cigarette. She fascinated me. I couldn't resist taking her picture with my zoom. The picture is a bit blurry but you are still able to see why she fascinated me. With eyes closed, slowly she savoured every inhalation of her fag until it was finished. She looked so content. So "colourful!" Sauntering along, I came upon this most DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS chair on display in the equally delightful shop called "Brush Strokes." (If you look close enough, you can see me in the mirrored reflection!) I still had a wee bit of time to explore this cool store...
...look what was calling out my name...
...AND, it was on sale! Definitely meant to come home with me!

(More 'colourful' pics for the thematic photographic theme of the week....you know the drill - check out Carmi's blog for more thematic photographic.)

7 comments:

Heather said...

I bet that elderly lady had some good stories. LOVE the purse!!!

Tiffany said...

That lady looks like that cigarette is making her really happy. Like it's the last one she'll ever have!

Gill - That British Woman said...

Wanted to say a quick hello.......I found you via the "Bringing Up Charlie" blog. I have lived in Ontario for 19 years and have never been to Oshawa.....no idea why not???

Great blog.

Gill from Ontario, but formerly from Cumbria, England!!

Gill - That British Woman said...

by the way my dd would just love that handbag........

Gill

Nestor Family said...

The handbag was indeed a good find!

And I just wanted to say that I loved your story a couple posts back about Evie-Chevy. Lovely.

Tim Atkinson said...

People like that simply HAVE to smoke, don't they?

swilek said...

Dotteral/Tiff- yes, those are the smoking kind of people!She was so happy...seems like she had a hard life so if that is her only vice then go for it!

Heather, Heidi, thanks..am loving the new purse!
Gill, welcome and glad you stopped by
Lauren, yes, I realized I used my British-ism's...must still be in vacation mode!Oh it is volunteer driving..my parents do it and the organization needed more drivers so they contacted me..it is great, but has slowed down now that i'm back to work as most of the drives are during the day.