Friday 5 September 2008

Survival, Birthday Cake and TIFF

Survived my first week back to work- a feat in itself, especially with the intense humidity! My new schedule is crazy busy, along with my fellow EA's, but I am enjoying the students I will be working with this year. No doubt, I will have a few more student "yarns" to share here on my blog.

I am celebrating my birthday all weekend - why not, eh?! I am heading down to TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) tonight with my sista's to stalk some celebrities - hopefully Brad Pitt and George Clooney, and ya'll know how I feel about my George! You know I'll be posting pics of my adventure!

On Saturday, I am heading up north to a friends cottage with my folks - you know the ones with no inhibitions!

Then on Sunday, my actually birthday, I am having some friends pop on by for some of my mother's AMAZING chocolate torte - which is our family's traditional birthday cake!

A fun-filled weekend...for more, stay tuned!

6 comments:

A New Yorker said...

Happy Birthday! Have a piece of that chocolate tort for me. YUMMY!

Unknown said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY KARYNE!!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Nestor Family said...

Can't wait to hear about all the fun!!! Happiest birthday wishes to you!!!

swilek said...

Thanks Ladies! I had a GREAT weekend and will document it here soon!

Karen said...

A very happy birthday to you!!!
Can't wait to see pictures!

Runner Girl said...

Happy Birthday, Karyne! Hope you had a wonderful weekend, and I know you are so right...two days into my 40's and I'm loving it! Thanks for your well wishes.