Thursday 24 July 2008

Thematic Photographic - Monochrome

I was excited to explore the black and white setting on my digital camera as I did some sightseeing today in downtown Ottawa. If you want to know more about today's theme or see more amazing photography, check out Carmi's blog here.

Here are my contributions from my adventure in the rain....



The famous Rideau Canal with the Parliament Buildings in the background.
The spiral staircase ( apparently also known as the "druggie" staircase) at the Pont Mackenzie King bridge.
Rocky Mountain Candy Company in the Byward Market. Candy apples are one of my favourite treats!
Byward Market in the rain.
Parliament Hill
The locks on the Rideau Canal.
The locks from a different perspective.
Entertainment under the canal.
The National War Memorial and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Confederation Square. For more info check it out here.
Guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

These are really beautiful. I think I should try to visit Ottawa sometime. It looks like a charming city. That spiral staircase is a real trip, tho'.

swilek said...

thanks barb...the staircase was a "trip" ...like the pun!:) it is a beautiful city-lots of green space unlike Toronto or Whitby for that matter!!

Nestor Family said...

Oooo! I really am enjoying all of these... but my favorite is the top one of the canal!!! Very cool and I think the black and white makes this photo special!!! Nice!

Pam said...

i think my favorite is the first one, but the staircase was really impressive. i love the composition. they were all great.

mine is up now if you care to have a look. :)

me said...

These are FAB-U-LOUS, I really love the loch from a different perspective. I would say your digital experiment was a success.

Jenelle said...

Those are awesome! I like the staircase shot.

Anonymous said...

Really really interesting photos. Loved looking at them. The staircase has a horrifying fascination for me... I have dodgy ankles (they are fine 90% of the time but every now and then they fold for no reason) and last year we had to stay in an apartment with an exit and entry just like this ... I needed a stiff drink or two to get over my nerves going down... it was a long way down. Just about forgiven my husband.

swilek said...

thank you so much every one for your encouraging words..i am off to check out ya'll's photos!!!