Thursday 3 July 2008

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words!

The "Eye of Belfast" at City Hall

The famous "Ulster (other name for Northern Ireland) Fry": eggs, bacon, sausage, potato bread, soda farls and tomato!
My maternal great- grandparents' graves in Antrim Cemetary. There were no markers but the caretakers were able to locate them for me! My great-grandparents died in 1921 and 1927.
The home farm of my maternal grandmother in Dunsilly, Antrim.
Thematic Photographic - Wood. This is the outhouse attached to the back of my grandmother's home farm!
My "bloggy friends" Ally and Cherith in Ballymena!
Cherith was an Eaton - yes she is related to Timothy Eaton, founder of Eatons department stores!My fantasy car...convertable Mercedes. It really belongs to my "kissing cousins!"


An 1800's Bandstand in downtown Belfast.
The new outdoor/indoor shopping centre , Victoria Square, in downtown Belfast.
Happy Canada Day! My Canada t-shirt and knickers are gifts from my friends Linda and Debbie! I wore them proudly all day! Thanks ladies!

The Crown Bar in downtown Belfast. The oldest pub in all of Ireland, established in 1849.

To my utter amazement, I found a Timmy's in Belfast at the local Spar shop on the Botanic Rd., which is a convenience store! Read the sign carefully!

A medium black, double cupped...it tastes just like home!
My "kissing cousins" enjoying Timmy's as well!





6 comments:

carolyn said...

I am well acquainted with a fry! It was a tradition at home growing up, and we've carried it on ourselves. Homemade potato bread doesn't last long around here! Love the pictures!

Catherine said...

You found a Timmy's in Belfast?? WAHOO!!! Cute Canadian knickers.

Happy belated Canada day. Glad you were able to spend it with family and friends.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Karyne. You did Canada proud with your t-shirt and knickers. True patriot love for sure

Heather said...

It looks like you're having a BLAST!!

A New Yorker said...

Karyne, Boy have I had a lot to catch up on your blog! WOW! You are so lucky. Looks like you are having the time of your life. :-)

swilek said...

I miss my Ulster Fry's now that I'm home!! Yes, Timmy's popped up everywhere at the Spar convenience stores!! The coffee tasted the same but prices were double what we pay here!!