Sunday 12 October 2008

Free the Birds!


Spirit connection.
Kindred spirits on a quest. A quest free of expectations. A quest bringing four strong, beautiful women who love Jesus together for an extraordinary evening of adventure and celebration. A quest allowing true freedom to reign. A quest connecting our spirits to Alanis Morissette and Alexi Murdoch on Wednesday night at Massey Hall in Toronto.
Honest, raw, spiritual celebration. A God moment. Church. Full awareness of God’s grace. Celebrating our journey together. Expressing deep gratitude for this gift of life entrusted to our care.

Free the birds. Let them soar. Bringing Hope and Truth to those we encountered along the way, from the Mexican student on the Go Train to Anthony at Richtree Marche to the homeless man on the street outside Massey Hall.

Connecting. Loving. Being. Beautiful moments. Perfect.

Free the birds!

San, Shave, Gislaine from Brazil and moi! It was Gislaine's first concert in Canada. The quest began on The Go Train. Photo taken by the Mexican student who encountered excited, free women! We made his evening!


Dinner at Richtree, our favourite people-watching hang out.

Napoleon, my favourite dessert at Richtree Marche!


Our favourite barista ! I first encountered Anthony here . We finally connected on a deeper level with him this night! A great guy. He told us to bring our desserts and join him at his counter. You can only imagine the conversation that ensued. It made our night! When I asked for his picture, he asked if he looked better with his glasses on or off, then proceeded to explain to me that people tell him he looks like Elton John with the glasses on and Phillip Seymore Hoffman with the glasses off! Which did I prefer? I captured both!


Here is Anthony's famous Chai tea for Shave.





Elton or Phillip?



When my parents first met in the 50's, they would go on dates to Massey Hall where Billy Graham hosted youth rallies every Saturday night!



Reclining in the original seats!





Free the Birds!

Alexi Murdoch - AMAZING!!! We LOVED him!! My favourite song, Orange Sky.




Inside the intimate, perfect acoustically sound Massey Hall!

The banner of Alanis...interesting symbolism going on..not sure if you can fully apprecite it in this photo:)
Alanis -free, real, honest, intimate, not pretentious and AMAZING! A true rocker with the incredible ability to connect with her audience!






I love this pic with the neon sign peaking through the original glass windows!


Finishing off the evening back at Richtree Marche with Anthony and the gang while we waited for the last Go Train headed for home!




5 comments:

Nestor Family said...

It looks like you all had a BLAST! So glad that you enjoyed your concert evening!

Got your comment over at my blog. I left one there, too, but am leaving this here now:

Phillipians 4:11-13 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to get along happily whether I have much or little. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.

I just think that the two verses before #13 really make this statement stand. And what about Mark 4:35-41 (when Jesus calms the storm)? Jesus ia aware of our every situation. He hears you and will answer you and you can make it through anything with Him.

We can even look at Hebrews 13:5-6... Stay away from the love of money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, "I will never fail you. I will never forsake you." That is whay we can say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper, so I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"

The Lord is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

I am sure you know of all of these, Karyne. Always good to read them again, isn't it? Thanks for letting me bring them up to you again.

Have a fun Thanksgiving!

A New Yorker said...

@Heidi- We prefer Jews to Hebrews tank ya! ;-)

Karyne, OMG woman! You are just lit lit lit up like a Xmas tree when you are with those women. You should spend more time with them. I cannot get over how amazing your soul was shining in all those photos. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Heather said...

It looks like SO much fun!! I need a girl's night out.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today !!

Sound like it was a really good concert and those Napoleons are making me drool. Haven't had a decent one of those, since leaving NZ !!

swilek said...

@Heidi..thanks for the lovely words of encouragment!I'm going to write them out and keep in my purse!


@lauren Hebrews is the name of the book of the Bible(New Testament!!)

Thanks for your comment....I do feel alive in their presence and that is interesting it came through in the photos. Shari and I have been best friends for 30 years and I've known San for that long but only in the last few years have we become close friends! It was the first time I met Gislaine and she is one of those people you feel you have known forever! It was an incredible bonding night and I will go out with them again!!! I am myself with them...they are NOT judgemental and are the type of people who let you be you...it is freeing!!


@Heather...would love to take you out for a girls' night out!

@Karen...thanks for saying hi...glad you had a good sits day!