Saturday 6 March 2010

Living out my Golden Years with...

I'm excited to show you the face of my future caretaker in my "golden years!" Thankfully there are good souls out there who actually like me! Remember this story I shared about a couple of my students:

"Later on that morning, this same student and another boy were discussing how old they would be when they graduated from university as doctors. "D" looked over at me and affirmed, "Miss W., you will be REAL old when I graduate. I can be your doctor!" "T" pipes up and pronounces in a tender voice, "Miss W., I'm sure when I'm married my wife won't mind...but you can come live with us and we will take care of you in your old age!" Isn't that just the sweetest thing ever! This boy comes from a rough background. His mother is a drug addict. His oldest half brother is in jail. He and his siblings live with their dad now. It is a good thing. They come disheveled to school everyday but they work hard and are sweet. I just may take this boy up on his offer!"

Without further adieu, here is "T" :


"T" and his dad gave me permission to take his photo and post these stories for you my blog- readers. I am grateful. "T" was actually having a good hair day when I captured this shot. Shucks! He may be small in stature, but he has a BIG heart! I will miss him when he moves onto to high school in September but look forward to my "golden years!"

2 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

How very dear....And he is an adorable boy! Very sweet picture and a very sweet offer for the future!

swilek said...

he is isn't he!!! :)