Saturday 7 March 2009

"Springing" ahead

"Hark, I hear a robin calling! List, the wind is from the south! And the orchard-bloom is falling Sweet as kisses on the mouth."
-Lucy Maud Montgomery,
"Spring Song"

Celebrating the anticipation of Spring. Clocks 'spring ahead' tonight. That means spring is getting closer! I opened my window this morning for some much anticipated fresh air and heard a bird singing. Good news! A welcome reprieve from winter's long slumber.

"I've always thought my flowers had souls."
-Myrtle Reed,
"Lavender and Old Lace"












































































































4 comments:

A New Yorker said...

So beautiful! Just like the blog mistress.

swilek said...

@ Lauren..well thank you my dear!! i like "blog mistress"!!!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

These are just BEAUTIFUL...Nothing like Flowers---Spring Flowers, to brighten ones day...!
A joy to behold, I must say.

swilek said...

@ I couldn't agree more OOLOTH! I was pleased my camera took such great close up's of some of my favourite flowers in this world!