Saturday 21 March 2009

just what I needed to hear at the perfect moment

***UPDATE for my "Healing Rains" post-Friday March 20, 2009***

Just before heading to bed last night, I decided to go on msn chat-which I haven't been on in ages. My best friend's 13-year old daughter was on. We were chatting away and I couldn't believe how spiritually sensitive this young woman was. She had no idea how I was feeling that day nor was she aware of the blog post I had just written. Her words of encouragement were timely. They came from God. I love how God does that! I thought I would post part of our msn conversation. It is a bit difficult to read but please do, especially the parts I highlighted in blue. The last lines of this conversation are the words that truly spoke to my heavy heart. Mady is medicine:) I said a prayer of thanksgiving to God for sending this gift to me last night via the internet!

` doseger! says:
I want you to listen to a song, I want to play it at church on Sunday.
karyne says:
okay..what song?..are you singing it at rustle?
karyne says:
send me the link
` doseger! says:
yeah, and piano.
` doseger! says:
uhm ,
karyne says:
AWESOME i haven't heard you sing in sooo long
` ` doseger! says:
You probably heard me when I was four years old , haha .
` doseger! says:
Well, I love to sing.
` doseger! says:
And, people say I have a beautiful voice .. they only say that because the angels take over
karyne says:
i like that..the angels take over..i always described it as a god thing but love how you describe...yes the angels do take over...i love this song!! powerful! you sing it girl!! hey i'm singing at my church for our easter concert..please pray as i'm nervous..singing with an orchestra...i want the angels to take over!!
` doseger! says:
I sure will. I got that saying from my sweet mama. I know .. i love this song too . it really makes me feel like God is there.
` doseger! says:
and I sure will let the angels take over.
karyne says:
whohoo!!!
` doseger! says:
haha, how have you been ?
karyne says:
pretty good
karyne says:
enjoying a break from school
- madysondoseger! ; says:
yeah but, its almost over.
karyne says:
had a few funerals had to go to the last few weeks so was sad
- madysondoseger! ; says:
yeah , but ..
- madysondoseger! ; says:
look at this.
karyne says:
happy they are in heaven but sad at losing this spiritual giants
- madysondoseger! ; says:
they are having a WAY better time.
madysondoseger! ; says:
listen to this song right now ..
your love is strong - jon foreman
- madysondoseger! ; says:
on youtube.
karyne says:
okay
karyne says:
i have never heard of him
- madysondoseger! ; says:
its beautiful.
- madysondoseger! ; says:
and neither did i , i jsut found him.
- madysondoseger! ; says:
it was amazing ..
- madysondoseger! ; says:
kind of like god .. you know,.
karyne says:
listeningnow..oh
karyne says:
i love his voice
-- madysondoseger! ; says:
.. me too .
- madysondoseger! ; says:
God knows what I need ** thats one of the verses.
- madysondoseger! ; says:
don't you love it so far
karyne says:
i do love it
- madysondoseger! ; says:
there was a day .
- madysondoseger! ; says:
when i just needed something from god.
karyne says:
exactly what i need to hear right now
- madysondoseger! ; says:
and he gave me this song.
karyne says:
why should i worry
- madysondoseger! ; says:
exactly.
- madysondoseger! ; says:
AMEN .
- madysondoseger! ; says:
ahah.
- madysondoseger! ; says:
you are strong.
- madysondoseger! ; says:
and he loves you
karyne says:
thanks sweetie...need that reminder today
***- madysondoseger! ; says:
I know .. God told me to tell you***
karyne says:
WOW!! do you know i haven't been on msn in ages and God knew I needed to be on and talk to you ! love you !!
- madysondoseger! ; says:
well.
- madysondoseger! ; says:
thats what God is all about.
- madysondoseger! ; says:
i love you too .

8 comments:

Aphra said...

Mady is the SWEETEST girl ever, and pretty spiritually attune too!
Can't wait to hear her song at Rustle!

A New Yorker said...

It's nice to see how in touch you are with the spiritual side of yourself!

•J•O•A•N• said...

that's so great! i love hearing stories like that!
ps: john foreman is the singer/songwriter for switchfoot, so you have heard of him... just didn't know who he was :D

swilek said...

@ Aphra..how was Mady's song this morning? She is attune isn't she for such a young age!
@ Lauren..yes, it is an important aspect of who I am!!
@ Joan I just love the simple faith of kids..it puts it all in perspective doesn't it? Mady was just so matter of fact by saying, well God told me to say it to you!! No questioning, just listens to God and does it! I hope that never changes for her!
Oh I thought it was the Switchfoot guy..Mady said no, but so glad you did clarify! Cool ! Thanks!!!

Rainbow dreams said...

wow thats wonderful - I love it when it works like that - just as it's supposed to be..
much love and thank you for coming by, I really appreciate it, lots :) thanks, Katie

awareness said...

the simple faith of kids....we all need to let go of the layers which seem to complicate our faith don't we?

i had a client in my office this week for our first session together. normally they last an hour. this one lasted 2 1/2 hours! We hit our stride and kept talking right through lunch! It was needed for me as much as for her, though she didn't know it. Just a good connection and I could see how much she was coming out of her anxiety and emotional shell. At the end of the session....she said....

"I think you are the catalyst I have been looking for...."

It lifted my spirits as your beautiful connection with this gifted young girl...

ps. you will sing with the angels next week, and i have a feeling your close connection to Doug will be felt then too. x

swilek said...

@ Katie..you are welcome and I am glad you haven't closed your blog...were you going to take a break? i love it how it works that way too. i find too i need to be open and watching for those moments too!

@ Dana...oh yes. i like that "letting go of all the layers that complicate our faith." oh yes and we need constant reminders don't we! I'm so glad you had that moment with your client...that is a special connection-rewarding. thanks also for your thoughts on my singing this weekend...oh i so need to let the angels take over because my nerves have tried to take over..if you think of it, please send up a prayer on Tues, Thurs Sat. and Sun. night. i want it to be about God not me but am feeling some outside pressures. it needs to be about God and NOT me:):) thanks for your words of encouragement!

swilek said...

@ Joan...i just got my new ipod connected and bought my first song off itunes..it was jon foreman's and I love his voice!! i was never really into switchfoot and prob. would have liked them!