Friday 20 March 2009

Healing Rains

re⋅jec⋅tion [ri-jek-shuhn] –noun 1. the act or process of rejecting. 2. the state of being rejected. 3. something that is rejected.


Synonyms:
declination
denial
exclusion
ostracism
refusal
repudiation
repulse
snub
turndown
castaway


The fear of rejection takes on many forms in my life. It rears its ugly head at inopportune times creating the same scenarios, the same thought patterns. I thought I had conquered this enemy. Apparently not.


Today I woke up in a sweat feeling desperately rejected. I cried. I cried out to God. My insecurities are choking the very breath that makes me feel alive. I feel naked, vulnerable. Today I do not find comfort in knowing Jesus was despised and rejected - for me. Tomorrow I will. I hope. I will be okay. I am strong. I just need to let it go. It is just a fleeting moment. It will pass. I need to let go. It is only hurting me, no one else. Let it go.


Tomorrow I will move forward but for today I will let the steady stream of tears wash over me until they are no more. Healing rains for this heavy soul.





8 comments:

Catherine said...

((hugs))

A New Yorker said...

OH boy I'm going through something similar right now. It's a very weird week for many people. Maybe knowing that will help you.

Unknown said...

Hang in there!!
{{hugs}}

swilek said...

@ catherine and Sweet momma..thank you for the hugs..i feel them

@ lauren..it totally does help and isn't that strange you are going through the same thing...

@ everyone..check out my post from today..it's an update!!!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Trust me....More times than not, TEARS are the most cleansing and releaving of things we can do.
Having your "feelings"....THIS IS WHAT IS THE TRUEST OF THE TRUE, in my humble opinion....!
Really sobbing, deeply deeply, clears out more pain than anything else possibly can. (No offense to Jesus or G-d!
So....cry till you are worn out from it. Scream out the pain.....
It feels so good when you are too tired to do it anymore!
Trust me.

Anonymous said...

I completely understand! (((Karyne))) Let's make a date to chat soon.

awareness said...

hi Karyne....I hope you're feeling more buoyant and hopeful. I agree with Naomi....a good cry is sometimes the best medicine. I would rather a flood of them all at once than the leaky faucett type which seem to carry on unpredictably and unrelentingly. To me these are the tears which drag us down.

My moods have been up and down and all around too....as much as i try to reach out to His hand of hope, and to try to talk myself into a better frame of mind....I find the pool of tears come back. Lots on the brain....but this time of year is a big downer.

This too shall lift. :)

Take care today....

swilek said...

@ OOLOTH oh Naomi...i had a bit of a cry over the weekend but know more needs to come out. I LOVE how your describe this release...when I am alone, I will heed your advice!!!

@ Amy- another one of my "live in person friends!!" we do need to chat...i know you understand...glad to have the updates on your mom...have been praying and big hugs to you!

@ awareness thank you..it does help doesn't it knowing other people are going through the same thing..it is comforting, comforting knowing we will all be okay in time! it's funny how this time of year does that especially when nature is opposite..spring, new life. I agree with the leaky faucett tears...you are right, it is so much better when Niagara Falls pours out of us!