Sunday 8 February 2009

My weekend in pictures

"The spirit of adventure is all about staying on the lookout-keeping our eyes and our hearts open and participating fully in the moment we've been given as a pure gift."
(Luci Swindoll, I Married Adventure)

I had a fabulous weekend, full of adventures! I soooo needed the change in scenery! I captured my adventures in pictures however there were too many to choose from to post here on my blog, so please go here (*update* apparently you now can't view them directly so click on this link. Then click on where it says "view Karyne's Gallery", then click on th pics that say "trip to Grimsby/Niagara Falls ) to see my weekend!

7 comments:

•J•O•A•N• said...

loved the pictures... they made me extremely homesick. it looks like you guys had a fantastic and full weekend together.
ps: an interesting story about that "shipwreck"... it used to be extremely beautiful and wooden and there was talk of it being turned in to a restaurant until an arsonist torched it just a few years ago. it would have been the coolest little restaurant eh?

Aphra said...

I recognized a lot of those pics from near my hometown!

swilek said...

Thanks Joan for the history tip of the "shipwreck"..it would have been a great restaurant I agree...we met a man from Florida taking pics too and we later saw him at the snowboard shop! He said the ship was fake!!!

Aphra..I forgot you were from around there! It is beautiful!

A New Yorker said...

Fun! The colorful house... we have a few people around here that do stuff like that to their million dollar homes. :)

Heather said...

That picture with the ice on the waterfall is amazing!!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I tried to go see the pictures, but it said I didn't have access to them....Oh, Well....I tried.

swilek said...

@ OOLOTH thanks for this info...it must have only allowed access for a week, but if you click on "Karyne's Gallery" then click on trip to Grimsby/Niagara Falls and you will see the pics!

@ Heather pretty cool eh...the Falls in winter are breathtaking..have you ever been to Niagara Falls?

@ Lauren..really? does it look tacky or cute?