Thursday 5 February 2009

Heirlooms

February 2009 - My 100 year old family heirloom is back home again! She is alive singing out her songs!
"Friends know the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words!" (unknown)
"Make new friends but keep the old, some are silver and the others gold." ( Pioneer Girls song)
I have been blessed with an amazing motley circle of friends over the course of my life. They have helped mold me into who I am today. I am deeply grateful. This weekend I am off to visit "new" friends near Niagara Falls. I am so looking forward to celebrating life with these friends! I am also in desperate need of a relaxing get-away- a distraction from this crazy, frigid winter we are experiencing! I will be offline and that will be hard. I never imagined I would be addicted to my blogosphere life! So, see you next week. Have a blissful weekend! Celebrate your friends! Your Heirlooms!
( I have a blog started about last weekend but it will have to be put on hold!)
One final story before I sign off. I haven't shared any student "yarns" lately, but thought this comment today from one of my grade 1 (P2 for my British bloggy friends!) students was blog worthy!
Out of the blue, and not related to what we were working on, this little girl said to me:
"S": Miss Whalen, my grandma HAS fake teeth.
ME: Oh really. My dad has some fake teeth too. Do you live with your grandma?
"S": Oh no Miss Whalen, my grandma lives in the sky now!

3 comments:

A New Yorker said...

Have a great time on your vacation!

Aphra said...

I think Niagara Falls has the same crazy weather! Though I heard the temperature is supposed to go up on the weekend, so you may be in luck! Hope you have a great time :)

swilek said...

Thanks ladies! You will see in my recent post I had great weather and a great weekend, although at the Falls it was cloudy!