Friday 27 February 2009

Fundamentals and Festivities to Help One Survive Winter in Canada

“Nature has no mercy at all. Nature says, 'I'm going to snow. If you have on a bikini and no snowshoes, that's tough. I am going to snow anyway.'”
Maya Angelou
Enchanting Chairs in the Garden
February 2009-Grimsby, ON
Eating Out with Friends
January 2009 -Oshawa,ON


Stocking the Ailment Aids in the Medicine Cabinet for those nasty colds, sinus infections, flu, et. al.

Can't live without my Vicks! Toronto, ON-February 2009

Theme Parties
Oshawa, ON - February 2009
Christa's 70's theme 40th Birthday


Antique Hunting


Testing to see if the antiques actually work like the sign says

Doesn't appear to work!
Grimsby, ON - February 2009

Enjoying the Outdoors

Ice Skating
Oshawa ON - December 2008




Playing and Watching Hockey
Oshawa, ON - December 2008


Meandering through Kensington Market
Toronto, ON -January 2008


Licking Icicles in Yorkville
Toronto, ON - January 2009
Leg Warmers- they're back!
Pickering, ON - February 2009

Creative Hairstyles
Girl with the Leg Warmers

Finally...what would winter be without Tim Hortons!
For more winter inspired themes, pop on over to Carmi's blog here.
Embracing Winter, although I am dreaming of Spring!





4 comments:

A New Yorker said...

You always have so much fun. It baffles me why you aren't hooked up. Me, well I don't get out nearly enough nor have a group of girlfriends to do all that with. Most are far away now. :(

swilek said...

I am baffled too Lauren:):) I am blessed with a good circle of friends!

Anonymous said...

I have been enjoying your photographs especially the brightly coloured themes with wintry backdrops. They have injected brightness into my somewhat depressed winter. You have a gift for photography, I think. Perhaps, you could use your photographs as a ministry to encourage others? I know that they have encouraged me. Thank you.

swilek said...

@ anonymous..thank you so much...wish you left your name:) I am enjoying this creative outlet for sure. I love looking at the world differently..at least I try. I plan to take a photography course to help me improve and also i need a new camera! thanks for stopping by!