Wednesday 21 January 2009

Parents looking out for the best interest of their children? You decide!

Living in close quarters with "active" parents over the age of 70 can present some privacy challenges! (*wink*wink*...I have to speak in code as my folks may read this blog, although most times they forget I even have a blog! Whew!)

For instance, my parents know when I have my period - or "that time of the month" for those of you who may be blushing right now! You thought I was going to share something juicier didn't you? I'll have to save those stories for later and do I HAVE stories!

Tonight, my father was visiting his buddy down on the 4th floor. He returned with this book in hand...


It was "dog-eared" to this page...
Dad winked at me said, "I thought this information might be helpful for your bad cramps."
Thanks dad for looking out for the welfare of your daughter!
I don't think he read the title of this page, "Coping with Infertility." Not my problem Dad!
*wink* wink*


4 comments:

dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

What a great story I just wet myself laughing, thanks that has set me up for the day. dennis

A New Yorker said...

Oh Dad meant well. What a good egg HE is! LOL

swilek said...

@ Dennis...glad I could be of service..stay tuned for more!!:)

@ Lauren..he did mean well..he used to buy my sanitary napkins for me when I was in high school and too embarassed to go!! A good egg indeed!!

swilek said...

@ Dennis...I can't access your blog for some reason...yes, I worked for YFC here in Canada. I had a laugh when I was visiting my cousins in N. Ireland...we were driving through this small town and I saw a YFC sign and got excited...they never told me it was a Young Farmer's Club not Youth For Christ!!