Wednesday 31 January 2007


" ...If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and
Just forget the world
Forget what you're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden
That's bursting into life..."
("Chasing Cars", by Snow Patrol)
Oh how I long to be lying aloft in this field of "life bursting" sunflowers on a sweltering, sun-kissed summer day, leaving all my cares behind me! The first time I heard this song, I was moved to tears...for two reasons...one idealistic and the other spiritual!! In that field of sunflowers, I long to have my "husband "( I do hope to be married one day!!) lying beside me as we just soak in God's incredible creation, forgetting the worries of this world and playing that silly "name the creature in the cloud" game!
In that field of sunflowers, God is saying to me, "Karyne, lie here beside me...be still...be silent...breathe...I need you...I need you to spend more time with me...you need me...you need my grace...it is sufficient...forget your worries... let me take care of them...let me be God...let my love flow through you to the deepest core of your being and burst forth... I am the way, I am the truth...I am the LIFE...if I lay here, if I just lay here...would you lie with me and just forget the world."

No comments: