Friday 5 January 2007

Adventure with the Irvine sisters!!!






You will always have an adventure of some sort when you are with my friends, the Irvine sisters!!! Wednesday evening was no exception!! It all began with Sandra at the Go Station in Oshawa!! She was the first to get her train ticket. Shari and I couldn't hear the entire exchange between Sandra and the ticket agent, but between our "skill" at reading lips and reading body language, here is the jist of the conversation:

S: "I'd like a return ticket to Union"

T.A.: In a sarcastic tone, "The next train doesn't leave until 41 minutes past the hour" ( it was approx. 6:01pm!)

S: "I know."

T.A.: " I hope you are not going to an event," again in a sarcastic tone!

S: "No, we are going out for dinner."

T.A.: again in a sarcastic tone, "You will have to pay cash because your card is all mangled up."

S: " Not a problem"


Now it is time for Shari and I to purchase our tickets:)

I pipe in to try to "calm" this man down,


" We are sisters, well I am an honourary sister, and we are having a night out together in Toronto!" Why I had the urge to tell this guy my life story I do not know, but being a gregarious person, I can't help it!! I forget the rest of our conversation as we just wanted to get our tickets and escape this banter!!! Sensing our need for a pick me up, Sandra bought the three of us a Diet Coke!! Whew!!!

The adventure contined as we ate our dinner at Richtree Restaurant in the BCE Place. The three of us LOVE to people watch and this restaurant exudes "people - watchers" :) One of my favourite person to watch is the man that works at the Coffee Bar. His story and pics follow in the next blog entry!!! After an delectable dinner ,which we devoured, and a scrumptious dessert and coffee, we meandered through the streets of downtown Toronto to this quaint Jazz Club. ( I think it is called the Reservoir?) What a cool place, with fabulous ambience and a talented jazz band! Once again, we enjoyed people watching , listening to the incredible music, and being with each other. Before the clock struck midnight, we raced over to the train station ,with little time to spare , to catch the last train back home!!! I hold special memories of this adventurous night with the Irvine sisters!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow , how long did it take you to write all that down . It would probably take me atleast 2 days , but i bet your probably like a pro or some thing but . great pictures anyway . I hope you guys aka girls do that again because that made me happy seeing you guys being together (Sistas) lol .
love ya . Mady

swilek said...

thanks mady ...it didn't take me too long to write...you will get there one day...keep practicing and keep writing...:) I'm glad it made you happy..it made me happy too!!!:) Love, aunt skin