Wednesday 20 December 2006

Visions of Sugar Plums Dance in my Head

Wishing I was lying on this beach, instead of lying sick in bed! I have the greatest intentions of finishing my last minute Christmas preparations, but I have been down with this horrible bacterial infection. We thought I had pneumonia, but it turns out I have a bad case of bronchitis, with a touch of the flu and touch of a bad cold mixed in!!! I have been off work now for 3 days, but do hope to return tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have had to miss many pre-Christmas celebrations and the pre-Christmas frenzy at the mall! At first ,I was saddened by the decline in my social calendar, but have had a great deal of time on my hands reflecting on the true reason for this Christmas season. If the baking, shopping, partying, wrapping, eating, and other various pre-Christmas preparations don't get done, then I am okay with that! So often we are too wrapped up ( no pun intended!!) in all the goings on of the Christmas season, that we forget why we celebrate!! This sickness has been a good lesson for me to learn to just let go and be in the moment, enjoying the season! For now, I can allow the "visions of sugar plums NOT to dance in my head!!" Have a Merry Christmas one and all, celebrating our Saviour's birth!!!

No comments: