Sunday 17 December 2006

My Paintings - Part 2

I wanted to give you a little history of my paintings in the other blog entry, but I hit a wrong button and my blog was published before I could finish!! So, here is a brief history...

Painting 1: Painted from a photo of Duck Harbour, Cape Cod, June 2005. My first trip to the Cape was an incredible experience. I LOVE the ocean and Duck Harbour was my favourite cove nestled among the sand dunes along the "bay " side of the Cape!!

Painting 2: I did this for my life-long friend, Lisa, who is openning a salon and spa in her home. The quote painted on the comb and scissors says, " A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the tune." Surrounding the comb/scissors are copies of songs that have meant a great deal to us over the years.

Painting 3: A couple of years ago, I (along with my youth group...I was a youth leader) attended one of Chris Tomlin's concerts in Toronto. It was evident that night that Chris, his band and the speaker (Louie Giglio) were following the leading of the Spirit. They let go of their agenda and followed God's leading.
That night, God moved in me in a way I couldn't verbally express. I am not one for going up to the altar...I am more private...but that night...I was pushed with the crowd and ended up at the front. I forget exactly what Louie preached on but at the end, he asked for all the youth leaders to come forward. Even though I was already up there, God prompted me to "go forward." I just kneeled on the floor, unable to move and couldn't stop weeping...they were God tears. It was a real healing time for me. Chris was singing "How Great is Our God." God has gifted Chris and his band mates as songwriters. It excites me that God uses this medium to reveal Himself to us...very powerful!
After that evening, I wanted a way to explain this "God moment" that took place, but, as I said, I couldn't verbally say it, so I thought I would try my hand at painting my experience. I just had started leaning how to paint. What a neat experience I had...another way God spoke to me!!! Another neat thing( well for me anyway!!:) ) was I had forgotten what song Chris had sung for the "altar call" ...I hadn't heard it before....so I was excited when we sang it at our church a few months later!!!!

No comments: