Sunday 17 December 2006

Life Lessons from a Toilet Stall!


A thought popped in my head this morning as I read my devos from "Echoes of Eternity" ( Blue Edition). "S" ( a former autistic student of mine) always said to me, as she was standing in the toilet stall ready to do her thing, " S's here Miss Whalen!" While this was obvious to me, she wanted to let me know. She found comfort in letting me know she was there. Admidst her anxiety about the toilet, she reminded herself too that it would all be okay. She wanted the reassurance that I was not going anywhere and that I would guide her through the "journey."
God gently reminded me this morning that He's here in my life. He's not going anywhere. Admidst my anxiousness, worries, lack of faith, stress, etc., God is here and is not going anywhere. He is my guide through this journey of life! So now every time "S" says to me, " S's here Miss Whalen, " I will remember : "God is here Miss Whalen!"
I remember my friend Jorgen telling me once that God shows up in the little people of this world! Even though "S" has special needs, God shows up! For that I am thankful!

No comments: