Wednesday 27 December 2006

Boxing Day Bash at Aunt Edna's and Gary's!!





Last night, my parents and I ventured out to the tiny hamlet of Gore's Landing on the shores of Rice Lake to visit my Aunt Edna and Gary! Aunt Edna is my dad's youngest sibling out of nine children born to Joe and Elsie Whalen of Caplin Cove, Newfoundland. I always love being around Dad's brothers and sisters as the "yarns" and jokes come flooding incessently out of their mouths! I hear "yarns" I have never heard before and I also hear the same "yarns" over and over again! I don't mind though as we are always guaranteed laughter, music and great food!!!:) (It wouldn't be a true Newfoundland gathering without a large assortment of food that could feed an entire town!!) In keeping with tradition, my time at Aunt Edna's did not disappoint me!! We had a wonderful evening and I'm grateful for extended family! It continually reminds me of my roots, where I came from and is part of who I am!!

No comments: