Saturday 27 February 2010

Go Canada Go!


With the much anticipated Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics almost over, I thought I would post a few pics honouring our Canadian spirit during these games! I am so proud of our athletes who competed well and wore Canadian pride on their faces every step of the way.

My favourite Olympic winter sport is hockey. Both our women and men's teams are exceptional. Proudly I report our women's team won the GOLD medal against the USA with a final score of 2-0. There is great rivalry between Canada and our border neighbours USA! It makes the competition exciting. Last night our men's team beat Slovakia in a "nail- biter" with a final score of 3-2. This win guaranteed our team a shot at a GOLD medal against, you guessed it, the US on Sunday night. I had the unique privilege of watching last night's game at a local restaurant with a group of about 100 customers. It was thrilling to be part of the "hoopla!" Community spirit is exhilarating and makes me aware our nation is a great one! Go Canada Go!

The famous "Hudson's Bay Company" wool blanket, a symbol of Canada's fur trading history and a logo on our Olympic athlete's clothing. Check out the history here and here.




I took this pic while on the train leaving Montreal a couple weekends ago. It is a pic of an outdoor, homemade ice-hockey rink with a couple of young lads playing hockey. To me, this represents winter in Canada and makes me smile. Ice hockey is such a huge part of Canadian life for many families. As I said earlier, it is one of my favourite Olympic winter sports to watch.
Here I am last winter trying my hand at ice-hockey!


Watching last night's hockey game at Jack Astor's on the big screen with my friends San and Mare...


Go Canada Go! Wearing my Canadian attire in support of our Olympic athletes!(This photo was taken July 1, 2008 in N. Ireland!)

No comments: