Sunday 21 February 2010

Just Love One Another


Today I had church in the woods. Alone. Completely enveloped by nature. Protected. Protected on all sides from urban sprawl who is slowly choking , annihilating the biodiversity of nature, destroying God's awe-inspiring handiwork. It was a rare moment in these parts. I reveled in every moment of this glorious winter day.

Listening to my ipod, I danced in the snow, breathing in the beauty of the moment. The snow- covered path glistened in the sunshine. The majestic cedars, aged with wisdom, rose high into the crystal- clear blue sky. I love these moments. No distractions as I communed with God.

His words filled my mind:

"But concerning love of the brethren you have no need to have any one write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another."

(1Thessalonians 4:9)

"My daughter, out of your depths you called upon Me, and I answered you. I have brought you through the dark valley and into this place and time of light. Know of a surety that it is I and not another who has done this. I want you to be so grounded in My faithfulness that you can share it with others. The inner knowledge you have gained through your recent trials gives added strength to your words to others who are facing dark times in their lives."
( Echoes of Eternity, Listening to the Father, Vol 2, Hal M. Helms)

Simple truths to live by. Just be grounded in God's faithfulness. Just be be grounded in God and just love one another.

I know a couple who have truly encapsulated this mandate. In fact, I am "house-sitting" for them at the minute. They have been close friends of our family for as long as I can remember. It struck me today how truly amazing this couple is. I have taken for granted the fact that my life is blessed because they are a part of my world. They have never wavered in their faith. They are incredible prayer warriors, praying every day for family, friends and missionaries. They love unconditionally. They have never turned their back on our family, even when they have had reason to do so. They forgive. They let go. They forget. They move on.

I am hemmed in on all sides by their love and faith in God. I am so glad they have faithfully shared God's truth with others. I am a contented beneficiary!

May my life be one that is authentically rooted in God's faithfulness and authentically just loves one another.

No comments: