Tuesday 22 December 2009

my christmas wish - for my brother - come home, come home






come home, come home
please forgive
please let grace abide
no room for bitterness
no room for stubbornness
no room for anger
no room
unconditional love awaits
it never left
even though hearts broke
into a million little pieces
please try to understand
the illness
no one's fault
let the One mend our pain
let the One mend our anger
let the One mend our stubbornness
give the One our past
give the One our bitterness
let it fly far, far away
into the abyss
unconditional love awaits
arms are wide open
let the One heal our family bond
before there are deep regrets
before it's too late
life is precious
it is a gift
a gift to our future generations
please come home
come home
that is my Christmas wish

***Epilogue: I love how the writing process works. This post began very differently. I was to write about my observations at a recent cousin's funeral, where their family was shattered because of unforgiveness. I was deeply moved. I am the peacemaker in my family so, I decided to write to my brother via this blog regarding some of our familial dysfunction. It was somewhat accusatory. However, a still small voice within kept saying these words to me, "come home, come home." So here is how that still small voice directed me! I have no idea if my brother even reads my blog but somewhere out there I hope he is listening with openness. I chose this pic to go along with this post because my dear sweet "S" is the essence of "home" here on earth where unconditional love, forgiveness and grace abide. Peace. May God's peace abide in our lives forever.***






6 comments:

carolyn said...

Beautiful,Karyne!

Gypsy said...

I hope your brother reads this and can find his way home safely.

Merry Christmas Karyne. I hope all your dreams, hopes and wishes come true.

My Lipstick Life said...

Isn't poetry freeing? Beautiful job - I hope he comes home & you get your Christmas wish! Merry Christmas, SITSta!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a very Beautiful Poem....I dearly hope this reaches your brother somehow.

Jenny said...

Hope you had a great holiday. And have a great New Year as well :D

swilek said...

Thank you everyone for your kind comments and for visiting my blog! Happy New Year to ya'll too!!I'll keep you posted!