Sunday 13 December 2009

An Encouraging Thought for Today...

"I will sing aloud of Thy steadfast love in the morning. O my Strength, I will sing praises to Thee, for Thou, O God, art my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love."
(
Psalm 59: 16a, 17)
(Dunluce Castle Fortress, Northern Ireland, July 2008)

Go into this day with the full assurance of My love. Let no cloud of doubt stand between us, for My heart is open to you. Your faith is small and weak, and your wounds are many. But I am with you to bind up, cheer up, and raise up a soul to My glory.

(Echoes of Eternity: Listening to the Father, Volume Two, Hal M. Helms
)

2 comments:

Gypsy said...

I absolutely love that photo. I have a thing for old abandoned buildings and I have to wonder about that one in all it's former splendour.

swilek said...

We share this in common. Have you read any Susanna Kearsley novels..I am reading one now called The Winter Sea, set in Scotland...I have a feeling you will like this historical fiction novel...it explores the lives in those abandoned castles! It's a good romance...am loving it! The castle in the story reminds me of this very one...it is interesting you can see Scotland from where this pic was taken too!!