Wednesday 31 December 2008

A Happy New Year Treat...

My dad and I have been singing together forever. I cherish the times we spent huddled around the piano, singing and playing the guitar and spoons until the wee hours of the morning. I cherish my celtic heritage ( Dad is from Newfoundland, whose ancestors were from Ireland and mom is from Northern Ireland) for infusing the never ending song in my heart!

For a keepsake, I thought it would be fun to video my dad and I practising the song we are to sing tonight at my parent's church. I am off to a New Year's dinner/party at friends then will slip on out and head over to sing with my dad, then come back to my friends where we will all ring in the new year! It is frigid outside. I just want to stay in cozied up by the fire. But, I will venture out into the dark, cold, final night of 2008!

Don't mind the mistakes in this video or the pile made up of my winter coat, hat, mitts and boots in the background! Without further adieu, here is my father and I singing an old gospel song by Maybelle Carter, "In the Highways"...
( the video is in the following post as blogger wouldn't let me upload it to this post, so keep on scrolling down!)

2 comments:

A New Yorker said...

Where's the video??:(

swilek said...

Lauren, it is in the post that follows...blogger uploaded it separately for some reason!!!