Saturday 6 December 2008

Archives

"Shadows" is the theme for Thematic Photographic this week over at Carmi's blog. I knew I had some cool "shadow" shots in my photo archives, so I did some digging and voila!!

archive [ ark-ive ]
noun (plural archives)

1. collection of documents: a collection of documents such as letters, official papers, photographs, or recorded material, kept for their historical interest ( often used in the plural ) "We'll have to check the archives."

Lately my thoughts have been burrowing down deep to the alcoves of my family archives. Why do we hold on to the painful history. I thought I had released these archives long ago, choosing on behalf of generations to come, forgiveness and grace instead of bitterness and spitefulness. Choosing freedom. But somewhere lurking in the "shadows" we keep remnants of historical evidence that surface without warning. Don't let the "shadows" stalk you. Allow the "Light of the World, " Jesus, to bring peace, freedom, and healing to your soul.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that you may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10)

Wintry Night February 2008, Whitby ON, Nikon Coolpix L1




Visiting History Past July 2008, Mageracross Graveyard, Ballinamallard, Northern Ireland, Nikon Coolpix L1


Self -reflection July 2008, Parkwood Estate, Oshawa, ON, Nikon Coolpix L1




A Touch of Orange on the Beach July 2008, Bangor, Northern Ireland, Nikon Coolpix L1

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the top shot very much - mystic in its feel

Tim Atkinson said...

Absolutely - open the door on the pain and let the light flood in!

Heather said...

The top one is awesome!!

A New Yorker said...

COOL stuff. And my verification is DINGLE. HAHA!

sealaura said...

i like the one where you can see the shoe peeping in. very cute.

awareness said...

I really like the first one too. It is very moody.

swilek said...

@ paul..thanks..it does seem mystic doesn't it!

@Dotterel...yes, let the light flood in..it is worth it in the end!
@ Heather and Awarenes...thanks! It was one of those shots that turned out better than I intended!

@ sealaura..my fav. colour orange peeking through!!