Saturday 8 December 2007

Only in Canada, eh!

I was working today for the Salvation Army's Christmas Kettle Campaign up at the LCBO. The benefit of this post for me is to be able to people watch! ( no, it is not the discount off the wine!!:)) I LOVE people watching! Many observations and conclusions can be drawn about the life people lead.

Today the cutest little boy slowly and carefully walked in holding tightly, with both hands, to a large Tim Horton's coffee. No parent was in sight. He smiled up at me and then continued walking into the store. Finally, his father emerged carrying his baby sister - with no shoes on! I overheard their conversation which went something like this:

Father: " Please give me my coffee."
Son proceeds to take a drink.
Father: " No, don't drink that...it's my coffee."
Father still struggling to put baby in the cart.
Son proceeds to take another drink of dad's coffee.
Father: "No, don't drink that again...please give me my coffee now."
Son: "But we are supposed to share with others."
Father: "Yes, but that is Daddy's coffee...please give it to me."
Son finally gives dad his Tim Horton's double double and climbs into the cart with his baby sister.
Dad takes a sip, smiled and says, "mmmm."

Only in Canada!!:)

No comments: