Saturday 22 December 2007

The Life of a Shoplifter as seen through the eyes of a Salvation Army Christmas Kettle Worker!

Finally, a shoplifter was caught in the act. I have watched many people shoplift from my post at the LCBO. While standing beside my Christmas Kettle, I have a great deal of time on my hands to observe those shoplifters and their various tactics. It was only a couple of weeks ago that the LCBO hired two security guards for the holiday rush at the store where I ring my bell!! Today, shoplifters are extremely bold and are not put off by the security guards. They will even drop change in my kettle and say Merry Christmas as they walk out of the store, bottles clanging under their coat!! Alas, one was stopped in his tracks last night. Lesson learned. Shoplifter no more. Changing the act of shoplifting one at a time. I will keep on ringing my bell for the Christmas Kettle Campaign and will continue to smile in the face of every shoplifter!

No comments: