Wednesday 12 December 2007

Gravity

I'll blame it on gravity. Leaning over the desk to say hello to "C" (another autistic student of mine) I suddenly realized drool was cascading from my mouth onto the floor. Looking up at "C" I said, without really expecting him to understand, "oops, I just drooled!" He stopped what he was doing, looked me in the eye with his charming smile, took his finger and wiped the remains of the drool from the corner of my mouth, then went back to what he was doing!!! I couldn't believe he showed care in this way! He has us fooled! He knows more than he is letting on! Actually, I have discovered his abilities are great. The key is trying to break his cycle of laziness and show him how his abilities can empower his life! We are making progress. Baby steps.

No comments: