Wednesday 21 November 2007

Innocence Lost?


I was sorting through some boxes in the attic when I found this old card my best friend sent me for Christmas 1984. I paused for a few moments, gazing at the cover before I opened it. Ahh the memories that flooded my soul!! I was madly in love with the cover model and made sure he was pasted on my bedroom wall, so I could look at him when I went to sleep at night and when I awoke in the morning! Finally, in anticipation, I opened the card. I laughed hysterically when I read it! We had no clue back in '84 the real meaning of this card! Shave just knew I loved blond -haired, blue -eyed guys and horses! She saw this card at the "It Store" and knew it would be the perfect Christmas gift for me . Finding it at the "It Store" should have given Shave a clue as to the implications of the card! I appreciated her thoughtfulness though! We were innocent teenagers back in '84. Thank God.
Teenagers today have lost the innocence we experienced. It makes me sad.

No comments: