Saturday 3 November 2007

Happiest Moment of the Day

Summer Reading. Early morning snuggle into the lazyboy with a hot cup of coffee. Early afternoon recline in the deck chair at the beach. Cherishing the solitude. Reading. "Eat, Pray, Love, " one book from my summer reading list. One lesson learned. Look for the " happiest moment " of each day and write it down. Haven't mastered the writing down part yet but am intentional in my search to daily find the "happiest moment. " The same students that usually bring out my impatience seem to be part of my happy moments! Here are a few of the "Happiest Moments "of my week:


....watching sweet D. ( an autistic girl) fly through the air on the swing, head tilted back with a big smile on her face and not a care in the world
....having sweet D. ask me to sing the old classic Sunday School song, " I may never march in infantry...." but stopping me mid song to take my gloves off so she can hear me clap
....watching C.'s ( an autistic boy) grade 8 male classmates play, "Round and round the garden" on C's hand because they know he loves that
.....watching C. at the grade 6-8 dance...he was sooo happy
.....watching my dear S., (who I rarely get to see anymore) at the same dance interacting with her peers...wow can she ever dance and wow has she ever developed into a beautiful young lady
....answering question after question with C.'s grade 8 classmates about autism and why C. does certain things
....having C. snuggle into my chest unexpectedly, wanting me to hug him
....being out in the cool fresh air enjoying the sunshine

No comments: