Tuesday 13 November 2007

Am I in Jr. High?

So, I was sitting in the church hall the other day waiting for a missions presentation to begin. I quickly said hello to the girl sitting beside me when suddenly I felt this hand hitting my knee. As I turned to the source of the hit, I was greeted by a scowl and a "shhhhoush." This source was a stranger to me - a much younger stranger I might add. I could not believe this guy hit my knee and told me to be quiet. The girl sitting beside me was in shock too. I felt like I was back in Jr. High. The nerve of this guy to not only touch me, a stranger, but to tell me to be quiet when the presentation hadn't even started. But, I said nothing. Maybe I should have.

2 comments:

Aphra said...

Hmm. I think the guy has bigger issues than you talking! Sounds like he might have a few.
If my students talk during my presentation, I ask them to leave the room if they wish to continue talking. But I certainly don't care if they talk before it starts! I wonder if this guy hits people in movie theatres too? I only say something if something really bothers me. This guy is very proactive, weeding out potential problems before they begin. He has a very big job ahead of him if he is going to make everyone in his vicinity shush all the time. Maybe he was just having a bad night? I hope so-i can't imagine him living his entire life like that-mind boggling!

swilek said...

I agree Aphra and probably was having a bad night or I was thinking maybe he thought my knee was the girl sitting beside me as I found out later he knows her!!