Thursday 23 August 2007

What is wrong with this picture?

I was at Lakeridge Health Oshawa Hospital today and was perflexed by the community of smokers ,who are current patients, gathered outside the front entrance. Due to the smoking bylaw, these smokers have to indulge their habit so many feet away from the front entrance. ( I forget the correct number of feet) It is an odd sight to see patients hooked up to IV's, dressed in their hospital gowns with the open backs and slippers, barely managing to stand( thank goodness they had their IV pole to hang on to!!) on the median in the middle of the road, smoking. Other patients in wheelchairs manage to climb up the curb to this new "designated" smoking area. What is wrong with this picture? !!:) I am so thankful I am not addicted to smoking - only coffee!! ( although I am slowly weaning myself off the black stuff!!)

No comments: