Sunday 12 August 2007

A Day Fishing with my Dad!

Dad and all the fishing gear.
Stringing the line and putting on the fly hook.... The fly...
That's me fly fishing! Not bad technique eh?!
Dad waiting in the bullrushes for the trout to come!
(for more fishing photos and our catch, check out my web album at: www.picasaweb.google.com/swile67)



"Trout'in" is a tradition that begins at a young age down on the "Rock!" My dad has vivid memories when he was 5 or 6 years old of his father asking him to go "trout'in" to the pond, not the ocean ( they lived on a bay on the Atlantic ocean), in the early morning in order to catch fish for breakfast! Still "trout'in" at 74 years old, dad took me out to the Linwood Trout Farm for the Civic Holiday! I haven't fished in ages so it was a fun day to spend with my dad! We came home with a generous "catch" that dad cleaned, filleted and cooked up for supper , instead of for breakfast!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Great pics K! Looks like you had a wonderful day with your dad. Those days are the best!

swilek said...

yes, it was a great day!