Saturday 3 March 2007

Moms Famous Fudge Recipe!

Mom beating the fudge meticulously in order to get the correct consistency! Licking the pot is one of my favourite things...mmmm...so tasty!
Pouring the fudge into the mould!

The budding fudge maker with the finished product ready to be served and eaten!
Growing up in the Whalen household was an adventure which gave me an incredible appreciation and deep love for food!!! In addition, I learned the secrets of the trade which helped me become the incredible cook and baker I am today!!! :) Both my parents are amazing cooks, but mom is the expert baker in the family. I cherish my childhood memories of mom always in the kitchen baking up a storm ! (I loved to bake alongside her with my "Easy Bake Oven!" ) We always had fresh, homemade baking for dessert..mmmm...so yummy! Mom continues to bake up a storm today and I thought I would share her now famous fudge recipe! Enjoy and may you make many memories in the kitchen for your family!

MAPLE FUDGE

1/4 CUP of Butter (do not use Margarine)
2 CUPS of Brown Sugar (packed)
1/2 CUP of Milk (l%, 2% or skim milk)

Put all ingredients above in pot.
PUT ON MEDIUM OR #7 (on stove)
Stir till dissolved and JUST BRING TO ROARING BOIL - THEN TURN DOWN TO #4 OR LOW
THEN BOIL FOR 10 MINUTES
Take off stove & ADD 1 TEASPOON OF VANILLA FLAVOURING
Take hand beater and beat until it becomes verify thick and pour into your buttered dish. (pie plate or loaf pan)
If you do not have hand beaters, then use electric beater, but watch until it becomes thick...be careful not to overbeat it.

Put in fridge for 5 MINUTES and then take out and draw the knife through the fudge to make the squares the size you want.
Add nuts if desired to the pot with the above 3 ingredients before you let it boil.
To Make Chocolate Fudge, just add quite a bit of Coca with the above 3 ingredients before boiling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm!!! Thank you for the recipe! I'll have to try it with my girls sometime soon!
Joy-Lynn

swilek said...

You are welcome! Enjoy! They will love it and love making it!!!