Monday 17 December 2018

Elsie May

I love using my creative brain putting together outfits that have a purpose, that have a theme, that are a bright light in a dark world, that inspire others. I am an artist, a creative soul. My wardrobe is my canvas. An opportunity to express myself. An opportunity to reflect happy to those I come in contact with who need happy.  As artists, we open ourselves up for judgement. We are vulnerable. But it does not give anyone the right to make us feel less of a beautiful human person, created for a purpose on this planet. Created to make a difference in our world. ❤
👗
So I am embracing happy today with confidence and pride wearing my Grandma Whalen's old housedress I found in my storage unit this past summer!😉 ❤
👗
I knew I had to keep it, especially since it had her name Elsie May stitched on the tag. This dress brings many happy memories of her! Elsie May had nine children and in her later years of life she would visit each family staying for months. At each home, wearing her housedress and apron, she would bake her bread, knit her slippers, cook Jigg's dinner for us and sit and talk with us over tea and gingerale when we got home from school! ❤
👗
Elsie May was a strong, fiesty woman who never held back her opinion! She would definitely be telling me to "stop my nonsense" and wonder why on earth I would wear a housedress to work! But this woman was full of love and faith. She always told me (and the rest of her grandchildren and great grandchildren and great great grandchildren) she loved me and was praying🙏 for me. Her door was always open for anyone to stop by for a chat, tea, gingerale, cheese & crackers and Peppermint Knobs!

👗
So I wear this housedress today in honour of my Grandma,  Elsie May Whalen! I miss you. I accessorized with pearls and my tassel pearl earrings from Paris! And of course my makeup is Beautycounter😉

👗
Never let anyone tell you you are less of a human for what you wear.  We are fierce, creative women who have a message this world needs to hear, even wearing Grandma Elsie May's house dress! 😊
.
.
.
.
.
#ootd #motd #style #accessories #beautycounter #fashionstyle #whattowear #vintage #vintagedress #igstyle #creative

No comments: