Tuesday 18 December 2018

Cross in Hand


I was touched when a kind man from my church presented this cross he hand carved for me!  It is beautiful. He took the time to explain how it fits perfectly in my hand so I can pray with it and feel closer to God in a fresh way.  I need this reminder. Lately, I have been experiencing a crisis of faith. Before I go further, I want to clarify it is not because I changed churches to Anglican! I am not totally sure what is happening within but I am just unsettled at the moment. At the core of who I am I still believe God is truth. At the core of who I am my faith is strong. However I am just a little frustrated and am in the season of questioning. Some of my views have changed as I have matured in my faith.  I have not compromised or water-downed my faith.I am tired. Tired of the spiritual battle that ensues. Tired of the “hoopla” as I call it, that can be part of many churches. It is interesting I am tired of the “hoopla”- all the programs that are creative ways to teach about God in our current world. My first career was working for a Christian youth organization that world renown evangelist, Billy Graham founded. His mission was, “anchored to the rock, geared to the times.” Yet something shifted within me. I just want simplicity now. I just want to be. Isn’t that what God wants. “ Be still and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)” ... Why ….Change brings new opportunities . Please let’s not judge.I am being vulnerable and honest about my spiritual journey. It helps me process.  I am clinging on to the promise this cross represents. Sometimes that is all I can do. Sometimes that is enough. When I do not have the words, my act of holding onto this cross is enough. God knows and sees my heart.
***Thank you Ross and Joan Scott for this beautiful act of kindness! I love it! Precious to me!***
.
.
.
.
.
#womenoffaith #spiritualjourney #handmadecross #woodencross  #bestill #godseesme #clingingtojesus #faithful #womenoffaith #ponderings #faith

No comments: